Stanley Veterinary Clinic has the capability to perform various blood tests, pre-anesthetic bloodwork, and other types of testing on-site instead of sending samples to an outside lab. This saves time, money, and most importantly, you don’t have to wait overnight for results—meaning your pet gets a diagnosis and needed treatment sooner.
We offer multiple in-house testing panels including but not limited to:
- CBC (Complete Blood Count): Counts the different blood cell types, and differentiates each and other information about blood cells.
- Chemistry Panel: Helps evaluate organ function and dysfunction as well as electrolytes and other non-cellular factors in the blood.
- SediVue: Urine analyzer to evaluate the urinary tract for infection, crystals, and other factors.
- Vetlab UA Analyzer: Evaluates the chemical components of urine samples such as checking pH and for glucose (sugar) in the urine as well as others.
- Snap tests: Quick and convenient tests for heartworm and tick-borne disease, pancreatitis, Feline Leukemia, Feline Immunodeficiency Virus, Giardia parasite, and Parvovirus infection.
- Fecal Float: A routine test used to diagnose many of the common intestinal parasites found in dogs and cats.
- Fecal, Ear (Otic), and Fine Needle Aspirate Cytology: Gives the ability to look at samples from different parts of the body under the microscope to diagnose a number of disease/infectious processes.
- Bacterial Culture and Sensitivity: We can grow bacteria from urinary tract infections, skin infections, ear infections, and others and test those bacteria against antibiotics to determine the correct antibiotic to best treat the infection.
Beyond Scope Lab Tests
While we do offer an extensive range of on-site testing, it is possible that your pet may need laboratory work beyond our scope. For those cases, we are happy to send blood work or other testing to an outside lab that will send results back to us.