About our Trainer
My name is Tammy Smith and I am the owner of Pawsitive K9 Trainer. After graduating from Washburn University in 1999 with a psychology degree, I returned to the Kansas City area and worked at a veterinary hospital starting in 2001. While working in the hospital, I met two dog trainers who re-ignited my love of dogs and mentored me by providing their seasoned knowledge. After my time at the vet hospital, I went on to study under Dennis Bastian, one of the Midwest’s premier dog trainers.
I have been a dog lover my whole life, and was inspired to start my own business, Pawsitive Transport, in 2010. That business slowly evolved into Pawsitive K9 Trainer. Now, I am pet first-aid certified by the Red Cross and have experienced immense success with dog training. I have tested and certified two dogs for Canine Good Citizen (CGC) and certified one dog as a R.E.A.D. (Reading Education Assistance Dog). I am passionate about helping dogs and their owners improve communication and nurture their natural bond in a “pawsitive” way.
About the Classes
There are 6- One hour classes that are held in our lobby Wednesday night each week. These classes are limited to only 4 puppies so that every pet can get a great introduction to becoming an obedient and social family.
Topics covered include house training, play biting, trash raiding, walking on a loose leash, and many other behavior issues. Basic commands such as sit, down, stay, steady, recall, watch me, wait at the door, and other confidence building exercises will be covered.
Puppy Class Guidelines and Etiquette
- Limit 1 Adult and 1 Child per puppy
- Classes are limited to puppies 3 to 6 months of age
- Pets need to be on a leash no more than 6 feet.
- If for any reason a participant has to miss the first class, they will need to reschedule the whole series of classes. The first class sets the tone for the rest of the classes.
- Please make sure you are not late as class will start on time.
- Please turn off all cell phones
- Make up class (other than the first one) may be arranged with the trainer, however we would prefer you attend all classes.
- If you have 2 puppies, you must bring 2 trainers. One trainer will not be allowed for 2 puppies.
Contact Information for Trainer: