Dental care is very important to your pet’s health. Dental disease can affect more than your dog or cat’s mouth. It may lead to serious health problems such as heart or lung disease.
How we do Dental Cleanings at Stanley Veterinary Clinic in Overland Park:
- All patients have presurgical blood work in order to ensure they are healthy enough for anesthesia.
- I.V. catheters are placed and Propofol is used to induce anesthesia. We then start I.V. fluids, thermal support and hook them up on a monitor. We measure blood pressure, body temperature, blood oxygen, and CO2 levels.
- Full mouth radiographs are included in all of our dental procedures.
- A complimentary brief abdominal ultrasound is performed. We scan the kidneys, spleen, liver, and bladder. On several scans performed, disease was detected at an early stage.
- If extractions are needed, we will call you to discuss before we continue. Local nerve blocks are performed and all patients go home on pain medication of inicated.
- Cold therapy laser is performed on all dentals.